Romans 7:15-20
The law reveals sin. It is the standard of judgment.
For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I. If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good. Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me. For I know that in me (that is in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good find not. For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do. Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
Talk about being conflicted! Egad!
To me, (and let me make myself clear - i-am NOT an authority on much of anything, particularly God’s Holy Words… READ God’s Words for yourself and pray that the Holy Spirit reveals, aka, speaks to your heart for what you need to hear… but), Paul sounds conflicted and can’t help himself from stepping on the proverbial eggshells of life that he strews everywhere and so causes pain, suffering - sin - in his wake… but were it all for God’s grace Paul and all of mankind would perish!
I know the feeling.
Sometimes, I want to yell, “Unclean!”, as I go out my door, so folks can avoid my sin, my eggshells that I throw about most days even when I just wake up! Sometimes it starts that early! Hence, going outside can be disastrous as I react and get into my feelings…, (and i-am of the mind that feelings are too many times- deceitful).
Once upon a time, I used to live in the world of “one-who-always-needed-to-apologize” and then I learned that if I avoid people, I don’t hurt others as much and so minimize damage, (however, some folks aren’t looking for the apology - they want blood and they still need you around to be useful -as they drain the life out of you)… But, as a believer, Father doesn’t have “undercover sons and daughters”. We are to be in the world but not of it… Still, I struggle because I know, like Paul, I do the thing that I do not want to do… But for the grace of God.
i-am so flawed and think sometimes being alone with my thoughts, (particularly when art-ing); causes a steady stream of negative conversations in my head about a lot of stuff, mainly about me. However, I’m reminded in Psalm 4:4 “Stand in awe, and sin not: commune with your own heart upon your bed, and be still”. That “… be still” part is God. I get restless and become way too analytical, (i know this about myself), but like the restless baby, Father says “Be still and know that I AM God…” i need not do Father’s job - even when it comes down to His Nina!♥️
Soli Deo Gloria
Nina

No comments:
Post a Comment