Love and the Degrees of Separation
![]() |
| A rock found on 8/16/26 with a friend |
I think love has got to be something deeper than mere connections, that sadly, too often fade with time. Sometimes these connections fade as quickly as it takes to see one’s reflection in a mirror and then it’s forgotten when one looks away, (this would be just one of the degrees of separation - the out of sight-out of mind, type of love)… Still, of course, there is the potential for something lasting and binding, resilient; that withstands the tests and tribulations of time, and the arrows of the devil. There must be...
I believe Love is God. Although, a more appropriate question may be- When did Father God first love me? I get asked occasionally only by other Christians - “When did you become a Christian?” Which is different from love, but not. Salvation is a result of God’s love. Still, what comes to my mind when I hear such a question - when did loving God become something that is timestamped? Perhaps with some atheist there is a specific point at which the proverbial light turns on, and of course, as it should be for every believer, there is a growing closer, a learning more about God - so the relationship increases, at least for humans, (I wonder can God’s love for us increase - just a thought. Frankly, I think God loves His human creation fully with reckless abandonment 24/7… I marvel at the extent that God goes to get mankind’s attention just to say, “I love you!” I digress - again)… but I know they, (the other Christians), are seeking a specific date that I had what is termed a conversion experience. My usual and disappointing response is I do not remember a time I did not walk with my Father God. In fact dare I say, that my most purest recollections of Father God was as a child of four years of age. I just loved God and have grown more deeply in love with Him to the point of presently coming to tears at how could Father God love me. i-am constantly in awe at this fact.
Father God loves me, and at what point did He start to love me? At creation I was on the Son of God - Jesus’ mind and He knew exactly, how i would fit into His plan. As in the strokes of a master artist - there is intentionality for every stroke… There is the same intention for every created being for the masterpiece/creation of the Son of God.
Humans - all of us - are really so terribly flawed at love. Some suppose we need a specific date in February, (too bad for you if you miss it - maybe next year), to announce one’s love to another through a card and chocolates and other peculiar gifts, (let that sink in - we declare love on a certain day and give a card, that someone else wrote and give chocolates… and equate this with a one shot at love!?!),… And suppose that there are cute fluffy fat baby angels with curly hair going about shooting arrows of love at humans causing them to fall into love. Truly, only such greeting card creators and candy companies could come up with such nonsense… Most could admit, (if they dared), they’d be better off ignoring that specified date in February and loving well the other 364 days of the year… and that specified day - smile lovingly…. And the music industry - destroyed by the master deceiver himself, to use carefully arranged tones and lyrics to cause folks to swoon and have vain imaginations of epic proportions... I sound like an old prude an old sour prude! -i-am. We humans have so distorted what is actual truth - what does it mean when God loves? We impose our thoughts and worse, our feelings, which are quite deceptive - upon Something that is incomprehensible to us - apart from the Originator of Love, (yes -i-am of the mind that only with Father God, the Son of God and God the Holy Spirit -can we truly Love) - because He is God and we are not!
It’s a sad day when one takes the steady regularities of life, (Love), for granted. Beloved let your heart skip some beats and you will painfully be aware of what is a steady regularity of life that is a gift given to you because of Love, (your life). Such is the case of mankind with love of a mate. Aside: I heard it said that “helpmeet” literally and figuratively means in step and in one’s face - like I see you like no other. Close-up. To continue: … Love of a mate. We become too quickly familiar with what we thought was awesome, (however, a bit emotional - so love that is less to begin with) - and throw the old shoe - to the back of the closet - in a heartbeat, (pun intended), in an exchange for the new model - the upgrade.
Lord Jesus, help us all.
All of these verse discuss the action-ness of Love. 1 Corinthians 13:4-8, Psalm 103:11-12, John 3:16, Matthew 5:43-45, John 15:13, my personal favorite Romans 5:6-8 “… yet while we were still sinners - Christ died for us!”, while in 1 John 4:7-12 and Zephaniah 3:17, and Isaiah 54:10… There’s LOTS more… Look up Love and you will find more…
Nina
Soli Deo Gloria

No comments:
Post a Comment