Friday, March 2, 2018

I Just Had a Thought...

It's Funny - Words
by Nina B.


I was just listening to an old song by Fernando Ortega and the song struck a cord with me.:-)

He sings about asking the Lord to "....make me whole". 

I'm sure someone out there has had this lightbulb moment as well: The word "whole", of course, is a homonym to "hole". Homonyms are words that sound the same, but have different meanings. In this case actually, an opposite meaning, making the words an antonym as well. 

Hole means - a hollow place, a cavity, empty...

This, whole means - all of; entire...

So when we ask Jesus to make us whole, we truly are empty, (holes), of ourselves - being so much less the potential God has in store for us...

....and only He alone, can fill us... can fill me...

Who wouldn't want that?

Soli Deo Gloria 



Fernando Ortega - Lord of Eternity

ADDENDUM:

If we think ourselves already full, one should question; with what are you full of? God desires to fill our holes/our lives with Himself, which is only Good. 


2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful. Reminds me of black hole, the immensity of things it takes in, stars, planets, and the unknown.
    Brilliant write. : )

    ReplyDelete