Sunday, June 9, 2013

Let's pause to REFLECT... To tweet or not to tweet

I feel like such a stalker - standing on the perimeter of everyone's life and reading over their shoulder about their days... But you can pick up tasty morsels that are simply too "tweet" to pass up,  (I just couldn't resist).

Here's an aside: I wonder if they, (whoever they are), are ever going to come up with a smell sensory computer. So, when you type in cotton candy one smells cotton candy.

Well back to the reflective post... I follow several groups and/or people, most dealing with education and/or matters of Christianity. I am focusing upon "educational" tweets of the MCA, Museum of Contemporary Art in Chicago.

The MCA has exceptional resources and are a grand support to teachers, but of course in particularly to art teachers. They offer professional development to teachers throughout the school year and are very thoughtful and provide free parking and light refreshments for participants. They give us ample time to roam through the museum and also offer guided tours with plenty of discussion.

I have often come away from a PD with the MCA feeling respected, refreshed and given opportunities for new ideas for my students. They also provide programs for students and are eager for us to bring them into the museum free of charge and even provide busing for the Chicago Public Schools.

The majority of the MCA's tweets are about their continuous programs, (it's like they have something going every week). Here is a link so that you may visit their site; but remember to check out their teacher programs under education. They even have programs during the summer. http://www2.mcachicago.org/visit The link/tweet was directly from the MCA














2 comments:

  1. What a great resource. It's great that you came out of it feeling refreshed and respected. Thanks for sharing. Love the comment about the "sensory" computers- you know it's coming! Please check your Twitter account information- I couldn't access your page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nina, I haven't been to the MCA - I've been to MoMA in New York, I guess I felt like the Art Institute had just about everything in it - but now that I've read your post I've got to visit it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete